Star Trail Photography Workshop.
What is star trail photography? Star trail photography is a type of photography technique that utilizes long exposure times to capture the motion of the stars in the night sky due to the Earths rotation. A star trail photograph shows the movement of individual stars as the streak across the image. The longer the exposure the longer the streaks.
In this workshop I will teach you how to:
- Find Polaris (North Star)
- Plan your shot (composition)
- Plan your shot (moon phases)
- Proper focusing
- Camera settings for capturing the night sky
- How to process your images in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
This course is 4-6 hours and you will need the following equipment:
- DSLR camera capable shooting in manual mode
- Remote shutter release or intervalometer
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide angle lens preferably 20mm or wider (F4.0 or wider)
- 16GB or larger capacity memory card
- 1-2 fully charged camera batteries
Extra items that you should bring:
- Bug Spray
This workshop is intended for those who know basic photography and know how to use their camera on manual mode.
We will need to download an action for Photoshop that will allow us to quickly create the desired star trail image.
At the end of the workshop you will leave with the knowledge needed to capture images just like the ones below!