Vero Beach Air Show 2016.
I was able to get a couple of media passes for the Vero Beach Air Show this year. Scott Murray, one of the Biz360Tours media photographers, and I went to the air show to photograph the show. When we arrived, we went straight to the media area to get the best viewpoint and to set our gear down. After dropping off our equipment we checked in with the media coordinator and then we were off to see the aircraft. While the air show hosted over 30 planes and helicopters, we only had time to see a few. About 15 minutes before the show started a gnarly thunderstorm rolled in and delayed the show, but once the clouds cleared the engines roared.
Some of the shows performers include:
- Rob Holland flying the Window World MXS-RH by MX Aircraft.
- AeroShell Aerobatic Team flying their iconic white, red, and black North American AT-6 Texans.
- SHOCKWAVE Jet Truck holds the Guinness world record for the fastest jet truck in the world.
- Mike Goulian flying the EXTRA 330SC, the world’s most high-performance aerobatic airplane.
- Kyle Franklin flying his 500+ HP R-985, a one-of-a-kind biplane.
- Wing walker Ashley Key.
- The Misty Blues All-Woman Skydiving Team
- Lt. John “Toby” Keith flying the U. S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet
That is just a few of the performers at this year’s show.
Sadly the Blue Angels stood down this year due to an accident just earlier in the month that claimed the life of Marine Capt. Jeff Kuss pilot of the #6 jet.
Below are a few of my favorite images I captured while at the air show.
Air Show 360° Videos
For more information visit the official air show website.
All images copyright © 2016